Saturday, November 30, 2013

New apps for fun cause and effect

Sophie has been doing a great job of using her eyes and her hands lately.  She is focusing very intently when given something new to play with and I am finding that she has been having good control with her hands when aiming for something to touch. 

 



I have recently downloaded some new apps for her because it had been ages since I had given her any new apps to play with!  She is really loving most of them.  Afew of them...

Peek A Boo Sesame Street
Finger Bells
Splish Splash Inn HD
Black & White High Contrast by Fischer Price
Sing with the Wiggles



Finding cause and effect apps that aren't too baby but keep her attention is still a struggle.  I love when she is able to work an app all on her own so that Sophie can have the satisfaction of doing it all by herself.



I am going to be on the hunt for some more apps that will work well for her, hopefully some fun Christmas apps too.  We have ordered an Ipad stand that fingers crossed will hold the Ipad up for her at the right angle too.  It will make it nicer for Sophie to use the Ipad in her wheelchair if I don't have to hold the Ipad all the time.  We have never had a stand so this will be all new territory.




3 comments:

  1. She has beautiful eyes :) what a great Mommy you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet she feels such great pride in being able to work the apps on her own. It is so great to watch them (any child that is) as they discover and do things on their own. Such beautiful pictures of Sophie, her eyes really are quite striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I will definitely try using them with my kids at school. If I come across any, I will pass them onto you. At the moment, I really just use "Talking Tom" and "Talking Ben" and all those varieties. One of my students finds it absolutely hilarious when you punch (tap) Ben/Tom in the stomach (typical boy!!!) but my other student enjoys it, but she could definitely use a different app. My students are high school age so I'm also looking for apps that are cause-and-effect, but high school age appropriate!
    ~Bella (from Australia)

    ReplyDelete