Monday, September 29, 2014

Musical Lightbox

Last winter we were gifted a switch adapted musical lightbox.  Sophie has become very proficient at using her switches so this was a nice addition to her adapted toys. I haven't used this with her as much as I should because she really enjoys the response she gets when she activates the switch properly.
 


 The lightbox is from American Printing House for the Blind.  It lights up and plays music when the switch is activated.  I am hoping to get a latch timer for Sophie because she finds it hard to hold the switch down for any extended period of time.



Since Halloween is on its way I added some little spider and pumpkin stickers for her to look at when the lightbox lights up.  She was very interested in them and I will have to think up more ideas of what to place on the lightbox to keep her visually interested when playing with it.


2 comments:

  1. Sophie is looking very much a big kid with her new adult teeth. :) totally changes her features :) she is such a beautiful girl and you are such a great Mom. I love reading about all the things you do for your girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her smiles! You can tell she is having the time of her life! :)

    ReplyDelete