Tuesday, March 22, 2016

10 Years Old!

I can hardly believe it as I say it.  Sophie is 10 years old today!


What a beautiful, strong, happy, determined 10 year old she is too!  She is already giving us the tween attitude and I love every bit of it.  I can hardly help but laugh when she gives us such sass, she knows what she wants and man does she let us know!


10th birthday


10 years flew by and it seems almost impossible that it is true!  At the same time, so many of our life experiences in her first few years seemed to go in slow motion and I thought we would never get back to real life speed.  Such is the life of a girl with complex medical needs.  We have so much to be thankful for, of course the biggest thing is that Sophie is here with us celebrating this milestone birthday.


1 day old
I didn't meet Sophie in person until she was 7 days old.  It was the hardest 7 days being separated from her, not being there for her as I longed to be.  I was the first to hold her though when she was 8 days old and it was the best feeling in the world and we both knew that we were meant to be together and everything seemed ok. 


Some days Sophie still just needs her mom.  She yells and cries until I am there to hold her, no one else can calm her and I am so happy that I can do that for her.  She is a daddy's girl but sometimes mom is just what you need.


8 days old
10th birthday

This year we were able to really celebrate Sophie's 10th year by being granted a dream trip by a wish granting organization, the Sunshine Foundation.  It was the most magical week for our entire family and it just came at the most perfect time.  We made memories like never before and Sophie just soaked it all up.


Sophie is the light of our lives, as is her brother Lucas and I am so excited to celebrate every birthday that is to come.  But this was a special one, a birthday we really didn't know if we would ever see and I know that we are so blessed to be here, all of us together.





Happy birthday my sweet Miss Sophie! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment