Friday, November 25, 2011

And on it goes

We headed back to emerge on Tuesday after a consult with her pulmonologist and her paediatrician because Sophie was still not healthy.  So for her third x-ray in 15 days they found that she still has pneumonia and now she also has an ear infection and is on a third round of antibiotics.   Third times the charm, right?

She still greets me with a smile when she wakes from her sleep in the morning and it just melts my heart every single time.  She is such an amazing little girl and I often wonder what she is thinking while she goes through weeks of sickness like this.


 
Tonight I had a really nice visit with a friend, she brought some fun stuff for Sophie from her little girl to cheer Sophie up and Sophie was totally excited.  She gave some great smiles and was curious to see what was in the shiny pink bag.  :)



Let's just say it was awesome! Sophie had fun discovering the items one by one. There was this really cool light up ball called a Fusion Ball that plays music and shakes and Sophie was mesmerized by it and wanted to see it in her mirror when we played with it before bed. Sophie will often look at favourite things in her mirror (like our faces, the wiggles on tv, etc.) instead of looking straight at them, I think it is part of her CVI or maybe it is just a fun sensory experience for her.


Lucas wanted in on the action too!  I know that we will get hours of fun from all the new goodies.  Thank you Cheri and Julie, it was such a sweet thing to do for my girl!

3 comments:

  1. That was so sweet of them to bring stuff for Sophie! :) It looks like it worked to cheer her up. Continued good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!! I'm so sorry Sophie is still going through this. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that the third time IS the charm and she beats off this bug. We miss her at playgroup! (and you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie is very welcome and I'm so glad she enjoyed it! That ball is Julie's (and Evie's!) favourite toy right now. I hope she's feeling a little better. :o)

    ReplyDelete