Friday, August 31, 2012

Grade one, here we come

We have had a jam packed end of summer and I hate that it is almost over!  It is always amazing how the last few weeks of summer just slip away in the blink of an eye.  We had another trip to the cottage for five days and had amazing weather and just relaxed.  No big hikes or long road trips, we just chilled.

 
For years we have driven past this old wooden floor iron bridge.  I have wanted to stop and do a photo shoot here for as long as I have known it existed.  I finally got my chance and I am so happy with the photographs that I captured.  I can't wait to stop here again when summer has turned to fall and I can take some photos with the leaves in their autumn glory. 
 
 
For a few days I was able to leave behind the chaos of planning for the start of school.  Sophie starting grade one has turned into quite the production over the last little while and even though I am excited for her to go, I am worried that she will not get the opportunity to shine, like I know she can.  I have now arranged to stay in the class with her for the first week of school.  We have learned that her EA does not have the experience we expected and there is much for her to learn if Sophie is going to have a successful beginning to her year in an inclusive classroom.
 

When we asked Lucas if he is excited that school is coming soon he told us he was excited since the first week of summer.  He shouted "I love school!"  I hope that Sophie will be having the exact same thoughts as she begins her journey at grade school.


Yesterday was a day with many tears as we said goodbye to the daycare teachers that have made Sophie's days there her fave place to be.  We have been attending the day care for 8 years now and it is sad to say goodbye and lose that comfortable place we call little school.   Lots of Sophie's friends are heading off to grade one as well and there were smiles all around and so much excitement in the air.



 
One last weekend of fun before we set off on a brand new adventure at big school with Sophie.  I know that I am nervous enough for both of us but with a village surrounding us and Lucas in the class down the hall Sophie is going to love grade one.



 
 

3 comments:

  1. I hope Sophie loves her new school! Great pics! Love the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, I especially love the first one of Sophie!! I hope big school is so much more for her and that she loves every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Your kiddos have the best smiles.... looks like they're really enjoying summer. I hope Sophie has a great year!

    ReplyDelete