Friday, August 31, 2012

Tooth fairy, we have a present for you.

Sophie has had a wiggly front tooth for a few weeks now.  I was terrified that she was going to swallow this tooth like she did with the first tooth she lost.  I was so sad that I didn't get to see her first little tooth come out and have the chance to save it for the tooth fairy.



The possibility of Sophie aspirating on her tooth is high and we actually ended up having emergency x-rays with the last tooth because she was presenting like she had aspirated it.  It turned out to be a coincidence we believe and she was sick but didn't aspirate the tooth.



So as this tooth got looser and looser I was so afraid that she would swallow it too.  With the teething Sophie has been drooling like crazy as well.  But tonight I realized it was very loose so I got some gauze to wiggle it a bit and it came right out onto the gauze!  Her gums bled a tiny bit but I was so excited that it had fallen out so easily, I didn't even have the chance to try to pull it!


Her new tooth is already part way up and will fill in the space in no time.   The tooth fairy will be making a visit to Sophie's room very soon :) 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that Sophie has something for the tooth fairy... I bet it was a relief not to have to worry about her aspirating on this one too!

    ReplyDelete