Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The colours of Halifax

This past weekend I was lucky to be able to have a three day getaway.  Jason was at a conference in Halifax so we spent all my aeroplan points and I joined him there on Friday night.


I hadn't been to Halifax since I was a little girl so I didn't remember what it was like at all. It is a beautiful, walkable, friendly city and I am so glad I was able to go.



We had very cold, drizzly weather on Saturday and Sunday and the sun would poke it's head out every now and then.  By Monday the sun finally came out which we enjoyed immensely and went for a long walk to Point Pleasant Park. There is a tropical storm brewing in the Atlantic so all the warm air was getting pushed up, the calm before the storm as they say.



We went to a few farmer's markets which were so amazing, they had delicious food and creative artwork and handmade items along with many maritime fruits and veggies.   We had dinner at a downtown restaurant that had some of the best food we have ever eaten. 



The houses were so colourful and unique. So much colour, just like you picture the little fishing villages.



Searching the ocean shore for shells for Lucas was fun and the water was so beautiful.  The park had some beautiful ponds and the trees were just starting to turn.  If we make it the Maritimes again we would love to venture out to some smaller villages to get that different rustic Maritimes feel.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colours! I miss the east coast! Might I suggest a visit to Newfoundland if it is rustic you're looking for?

    ReplyDelete