Monday, November 5, 2012

Supergirl and the alien minion

Halloween was a blur.

This year Sophie was Supergirl and Lucas was dressed in a morphsuit.  He was an alien minion along with his friend and another friend was the alien leader.  I know, where do these boys come up with this stuff?

Sophie had a super fun day at school, they all got dressed up for a parade around the block and then had a Halloween party after that.  Two little boys in the class walked with Sophie the whole way, they never left her side.  I love that she has such great friends already, it just melts my heart.  Sophie had alot of fun watching all her friends in their costumes.  She got to hold on to her Super Sophie doll that her great grandma made for her (the inspiration for her costume) and all the kids loved it and asked about it.

Sophie with her awesome new EA and amazing nurse

She was so tired from the activity filled day that she promptly fell asleep when we got home and slept for an hour.  Before we knew it it was time to get into costumes again and head out for trick-or-treating.  We were so rushed I only took about three photos of the two of them!  Urgh!



Sophie was invited to go trick-or-treating with three of her classmates.  I was so excited for her!  Sophie's three little girl friends were giddy with excitement to go trick-or-treating and it was a blast.  The highlight of the night though was that the girls made up a song for Sophie during the day and gave me, Sophie and the other moms a concert in the driveway.  I was almost in tears it was so awesome.  I had heard that they had gone up in front of the class to sing the song as well.  It was called "Super Sophie" and they wrote it themselves.  I WISH I had it on video, it was the cutest thing and they were so proud to sing it for us.

friends :)

Trick-or-treating was freezing and it was pouring rain, so I stayed out for about a half hour with Sophie and the girls and then we headed home so she could help hand out candy with daddy.  I went out and found Lucas with his buddies and their moms and we had a fun time for an hour or more.  Lucas is now all about quantity on Halloween night, those boys were running to as many houses as possible!


Yes, Lucas accessorized with a tie. That's my boy :)


Lucas and his three friends had so much fun and we are already talking about next year's costume!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! I don't know what I love more - the song for Sophie or the fact that Lucas accessorized with a TIE!!! Sounds like such an awesome day for Sophie, that's just the awesomest awesomeness awesome. :) Her and her little crew of girls are simply delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great how close all of her friends in school are with her! Super Sophie sure fits her! It is sweet the boys walked with her at school and her friends invited her to join them! I love it!!! I'm glad to read everything is going so well at school for her again in all aspects!

    ReplyDelete