Friday, November 30, 2012

Gingerbread men and Santa on the lightpad

Lucas and Sophie are in for it.  I got a new camera.  They are going to be the subject of ALOT of photos in the next little while, luckily Christmas is on the way so I have a better reason to shoot away than just getting a new camera!  My old camera was having issues with banding and it was going to be too expensive to justify fixing it.  Sooooo, I had to get a new one.  So sad. ;)

I ran out of photo space on blogger though so I have had to reduce the pixels that I upload photos at, I hope it doesn't make the photos look grainy.



As always Sophie has been happy to oblige and is giving me lots and lots of smiles. 

Lucas wanted to do some weird robot dance so I could test the continuous shooting setting.  He was pretty good.

He wore these glasses for 3 days straight, at school and everywhere :)




 
 A couple nights ago I set up the lightpad with a Christmas theme for Sophie.  I had some new gel clings that I found for her in the dollar section at Target. She thought it was great, although she liked trying to grab my new camera strap even more, she was constantly trying to catch it and thought it was hilarious when she did.
 

 
I also found some transparent overlays on clearance at a craft store and I cut them down to the size of the lightpad.  I found blue, red and green and the red and green were perfect for our Christmas setup.  The overlays also reduced the brightness of the lightpad a bit which was nice.
 




And because Sophie wouldn't be Sophie if she weren't a little monkey, by the end of our playtime all she wanted to do was rip the overlay and clings off the lightpad.  She did have fun checking out all the gel clings and we are going to do a winter theme next.


 
 Now I just have to figure out all the settings on my new camera.  It only took me an hour to figure out how to upload the pictures onto the computer. :P

Here comes the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. What kind of camera did you end up getting! Enjoy!
    Lucas looks pretty awesome in those glasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my first DSLR! It is a Canon again, an EOS Rebel. I have to start reading the manual, I have just been winging it so far.

      Delete
  2. I was just eyeing up the EOS in the flyers this week...I've heard they're pretty good. How are you enjoying it? Photos look great!

    ReplyDelete