Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holiday glitter

This morning we weren't up to much, Lucas and I woke up sick and Jason and Sophie are just getting over colds.  Sophie and I also spent a couple hours at urgent care yesterday having her foot x-rayed to see if it was broken.  It has been hurting her for a week and we thought it should be better by now, it never bruised and we think it must be a muscle thing since the bones looked perfect.

 
Since it is December first we broke out the Advent calendars.  A little while back Jason picked one up from Ikea, it is very cute with little re-usable boxes that you can put little treats and treasures in.  I love having little traditions like these for Christmas. 


My mom and dad always made a special effort for the holidays and it is what formed many of my childhood memories. It doesn't have to cost alot of money for it to be special. It truly is the thought that counts.  Lucas and Sophie have always enjoyed opening the little windows to find a treat counting down the days until Christmas too.



As December has been approaching I have been browsing Pinterest for different Advent calendar ideas.  I found one that has been really fun to make.  Each day has a different activity that you can do with your family.  I ended up making a mini-album calendar, one page for each day until Christmas.

 

In the afternoon we decorated the tree, it was a fun start to December.  Sophie was happy to help and Lucas watched from the couch and helped us hang the special ornaments when we he was feeling up to it.  Lucas is a very sentimental boy and he loves seeing the ornaments from when he was a baby.  I love that about him.




Even Riley joined in and found his spot under the tree as soon as we started. 


I have so much planned for the next few weeks, time to get our holiday glitter on.

1 comment:

  1. Sophie looks so grown up in these photos! I've always loved advent calendars growing up. My mom gets the Playmobil ones for L each year and she just loves setting them up. And it is nice not to hop her full of sugar either. ;) Red suits Riley! I hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete