Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas games and crafts

Today was a stay in our jammies kind of day for Sophie, Lucas and I.  Jason was out of town for the day so we stayed inside while the rain poured down.  We made our own fun with some holiday games I had made.

A little while ago I found a Christmas bingo game on a great crafty blog I have been reading.  So I printed it all out and had it laminated.  I glued the calling cards to some card stock to make it sturdier and we used some of Sophie's glass beads for the pieces.  I am hoping to adapt this for Sophie soon, but for now I put each calling card on her game card as it was called and she seemed to like that.



Sophie thought it was pretty darn funny to mix up all the pieces as we were playing.  I had adapted another item with magnets that morning and Lucas suggested that I should make her pieces magnetic and she could play on a magnet board.  Brilliant.  I knew I kept him around for a reason. ;)



Lucas and Sophie both got right into it and I think this could be a great time waster in an airport or for long car rides.  It is a great way to introduce symbols for Sophie while having fun too.  Now that we have boardmaker I can use similar symbols for her communication boards.

 

After we had played Bingo for a while, Lucas wanted to do the Advent calendar for today.  He knew what he wanted to draw right away.


We don't have a door that can hang a wreath very easily so Lucas wanted to draw a wreath for the front door.  I thought that was an awesome idea and his drawing is now the centre piece of our door's window.



As we were about to start Sophie's drawing our friend Claudia came to help me out for the afternoon.  So the two of them dug out a canvas and some paint and got messy.  Sophie loves painting and she loves Claudia even more so she had a blast.  They did some fingerpainting and created a Christmas masterpiece together that I will be able to show when it is all dry.




We managed to fill the day and had a fun weekend despite having these yucky colds.  Hopefully the sun will be out tomorrow, it always makes me feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment