Sunday, April 14, 2013

Easter fun

After a couple weeks of illness Sophie was finally feeling a little better by the time Easter weekend was upon us.  She had been off school for the previous week since her birthday, so it was nice that she was up to playing and visiting a bit. 


A few days before Easter we had fun playing with an activity bar I made up for her filled with Easter eggs.  My mom also made one for Sophie at her house for Easter day.  The big Easter bunny on her tray sings and the little chick pops out of the egg.  I received as a gift in the hospital when Lucas was born and it still entertains all these many years later.

 


I wanted to expand on the glow Easter egg hunt that we did last year so I found a bunch of little glowing lights that continuously change colour and the Easter bunny brought some too.  I also purchased a whole bunch more of the lit up eggs I found last year, as well as some prism/shiny type eggs.  It really helps attract Sophie's attention and makes it more fun for her, her Cortical Vision Impairment (CVI) makes a regular Easter egg hunt basically impossible.


Sophie was very engaged with the new light up toys and loved them in the glow beads that we have.

 
On Easter morning we had a great egg hunt.  Lucas helped Sophie out quite a bit but he also had fun dive bombing on all the eggs he could find.  Sophie had her own basket attached to her Kidwalk but she mostly wanted to watch Lucas find his eggs.
 





Because Sophie does not eat anything by mouth she doesn't eat candy or chocolate.  So I make sure that we have stickers, felt shapes, stampers, etc. for in the eggs and little toys like the lights or books for her on Easter.


Lucas wore his England shirt because he said it was the only one he has with a cross on it.  :)  So that was his fancy shirt for the day.  I think the angel wings were just serendipitous.  He is always thinking in his very own, brilliant way.




 
After our morning egg hunt at home we headed to my mom and dad's for an Easter lunch.  We had another quick egg hunt at their house with Zoe, it was raining by then but it didn't really slow anyone down! 
 
 
 

Lucas had been wearing his bunny ears to school all week so it wasn't a shock when we wore them for the egg hunt and hopped the whole way through it.  He just cracks me up.




I hope you had a blessed Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Sophie looks great in her Kidwalk! I'm so happy to hear she is all better and had a great Easter! It looks like everyone had a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete