Sunday, October 13, 2013

Down on the pumpkin farm

It is a beautiful Thanksgiving weekend and we wanted to take advantage of the sun and warm weather on Saturday.  We decided that we would take a trip to a local farm that has a pumpkin patch and all sorts of other fun stuff to do on a sunny fall day.  We brought along my niece as well and the five of us had a great time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We spent almost four hours on the farm, there was so much for the kids to do and see.  Sophie was super happy and was up for trying anything it seemed.  She loved the horse drawn wagon ride and was watching everything that we passed.  Zoe had fun holding on to the reins behind the driver, she didn't let go once the whole ride.
 
 
 
 Sophie also loved the barrel horse swing.  She sat so well and really enjoyed it.  It made us both realize that she is totally ready for Hippotherapy.  I had tried to get her signed up at a local therapy barn but she hadn't been one year tonic clonic/generalized seizure free at the time.  We are there now so it is definitely time to get her signed up.  I used to ride and competed for many years so it would be so amazing to see Sophie riding horses regularly.
 
 
 
 
Lucas chose our pumpkins and we came home with three gigantic ones, it took some effort for me to lift them out of the car!  I am so happy that we made this trip so I don't have to do my annual panic a few days before Halloween when I realize we have no pumpkin and no photos!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun farm to visit! That is great Sophie will be able to do Hippotherapy. I've heard great things about it. I was told E wouldn't be allowed to participate because of his scoliosis. I don't know if the surgery changes that. I had really hoped he could because I heard it helps kids with walking too. Fingers crossed she gets to start soon.

    ReplyDelete