Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hmmmm, that doesn't feel right.

Lucas and I were running a bit late this morning and we hopped in the car to get him to school.  I got him all buckled in and noticed it was 9:01.  Crap. O.k. Not a great start.  I figured we could get there before Oh Canada started and no one would be the wiser.  As I backed out of the driveway I thought the car was making a bit of a strange noise, but whatever.  I put it in gear to go and we kind of made a phump, phump sound.  Double crap.  I looked to the hood of the car and the right side was seriously almost a foot lower than the left.  We had a flat tire.  This was my first flat tire - like flat as a pancake - ever.  So I pulled back up into the driveway and we got out and looked. 

Yup, pancake

Lucas was quite excited by it, me, not so much.
Lucas really suprised me though.  I told him we would take the other car and leave the Jeep with daddy.  He said to me "What if Sophie gets sick and has to go to the hospital?????"  It really took me offguard, and in that split second I realized our reality is very different from most families.  And he is always thinking, that Lucas of mine, it is quite amazing really.   I assured him that if Sophie had an emergency (ie seizure - I am sure this is what he was thinking) or got really sick in the next 10 minutes before I got back that daddy would call an ambulance.  He was happy with that so we switched cars and off we went.    Lucas got to school on time and I came back to get Sophie to daycare and Jason had the excitement of waiting for CAA to come.  I ended up being late for work, but I don't think anyone was overly shocked by that lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment