Friday, September 17, 2010

A Trip to Wonderland

Last weekend we we had an amazing day at Wonderland.  I have discovered, as I always suspected, that my children are rollercoaster lovers like me.  Sophie would swing the highest and fastest that you can swing her.  And Lucas found one of the biggest rollercoasters and didn't stop talking about it until we were ON it.  We started out slow in Kiddieland and found some great coasters, like the Ghoster Coaster.




It was a great start.  But he wasn't satisfied until we were in the adult section.  You see Lucas is 48" tall.  Basically the height that gets you on all the rollercoasters they have.  Try telling the 7 year old that mom says he can't because he is too little.  Ha.  Well, he gave up on the Bohemoth, but we ended up on the Great Canadian Minebuster.  We waited in line for a while and I could tell Lucas was getting nervous as we watched car after car take off.  Finally it was our turn and we were off. Now I went on this when I was in my 20's.  And truth be told I loved it.  But now that I am a little older, it was not quite the same, it was actually insane and I couldn't believe I was riding it with my 7 year old!    I must have blocked out how fast and crazy this thing flies.  Kind of like childbirth, if you remembered everything no one would have another, right!?  I was terrified he was going to fall out and I could tell he was getting lower in the seat with every crazy turn, so I was holding on to him with one arm and trying to keep myself upright with the other.   We must have gone about 500 km/hr, well maybe not quite, but it felt close.

You would think this would be obvious....I wasn't about to see what happened if you did

As we got off and Lucas saw Jason waiting at the bottom he was jumping and yelling "wicked!!!"  "that was soooo awesome".  That's my boy. 

                     All thumbs up

We continued on with our amazing day and tried out Thunder Run and The Fly and some others and went home exhausted.  Lucas walked for 9 hours and didn't ask to be carried once.  He found his happy place :)


This kind of summed up the day for all 3 of us....
 


One more thing ticked off Lucas' to do list :)  I know Sophie would have been begging for the Bohemoth as well.  Maybe we'll start off a little smaller.....

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at the description of you on the roller coaster. I'd be the same way!! I am not nearly as adventurous as I once was. Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete