Saturday, June 25, 2011

Paris part 2

Paris was an incredible place to visit again, we enjoyed the cafe's and museums and window shopping down the little cobble stone streets.  We got lost a few times a day (when I wasn't on map duty, just sayin')

These pictures are from Versailles.  There was a massive downpour as we waited in line for 2 hours with about a hundred thousand other tourists (maybe a slight exaggeration).  Luckily we had packed our umbrellas.  The palace is enormous, it was basically it's own city, Louis liked to keep an eye on his peeps.  The gardens were gorgeous, but it was hard to enjoy the palace inside as we were swept along with the sea of other tourists in each room.












Back in the city of Paris, this is the original metro of the one I photographed in Montreal.


Saint Chapelle.  The most incredible gothic church you will ever see. Ever.  There are 2/3 of the original stained glass windows from the 13th century.



The Cluny museum is all things middle ages.  It houses the Lady and the Unicorn Tapestries which are absolutely stunning and one of my favourite things in Paris.  I had seen them many years ago (like 25) and it was awesome to see them again.





The real reason I go to Paris. It was very easy to fall into the continental breakfast routine, in fact it was perfect for breakfast, lunch and before bedtime snack.  Luckily we walked so much the massive amounts of grams of fat may have evened out with the calories I burned.  That's what I have convinced myself of anyway.



 

After Paris we took the chunnel train to London.  It was nice to just sit and relax as we hadn't done that in 5 days.  We got to relax for about 2 hours and then it was on to part two of our journey.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the baked goods....I could so go for one of those again. It is something I REALLY miss of Germany. Your pictures are really neat again! :)

    ReplyDelete