Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring fling

I am loving this unseasonably warm weather, it is an awesome March spring fling.  Jason came across a garage sale in our neighbourhood yesterday and told me I should go check it out when he got home.  Can do!  It turned out I knew the family that was having the sale so we chatted and I picked up some great Kindermusik musical instruments for Sophie and a few books as well.  I got Lucas a riddle book that he has been trying out on us ever since.  I am so ready for garage sale season, I love that I got to start two months earlier than usual!



Lucas arrived home from a couple days at his Oma's for March break and the three of us went to watch his skating lesson.  He is doing really well, he has his last class next week and I am sure he will pass this level with flying colours.


This weekend Sophie is feeling better (hurrah!!) and we spent some time outside.  I cleared out the winter arrangements on the front porch and set up a spring one.  It still needs a little something but I am happy with it nonetheless.




In the afternoon we headed to the park and Lucas showed off his mad basketball skills.  He is loving basketball right now.  March madness is at our house.  He is shooting hoops in the backyard morning noon and night, he just can't get enough.  I am sure that 2 months from now when soccer starts that will be the obsession, but for now, hoops.


There is no question where he gets the skills or the obsession from ;)


 Swish


Sophie never lets herself get left out of the action







Sitting there watching him play, looking almost like a teenager, my head filled of memories of Lucas and Sophie when they were born at the hospital in the background.  It doesn't seem like it was that long ago and I can remember every minute of being there with both of them.  But how time flies.  Sophie turns 6 in a few days, we are so excited!



6 comments:

  1. Your Spring planters are gorgeous, and I love your front door. It's crazy how fast they grow up. My "baby" will be 5 this year... For 5 years I have been trying to convince my husband that we should have another...still hasn't worked! I hope Sophie has a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures R. So glad to hear Sophie is feeling better and was able to enjoy some time outside. Isn't this weather fabulous?! Hooray for garage sale season!

    Lucas looks like a true basketball star. That swish picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca,
    I expect to hear great things about Lucus' basketball future from Cousin MJ in the future :0) Am so glad to see that Sophie has sprung with spring again!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girl turned 6 today so I know yours is coming up soon! I can't believe how time flies. Lucas IS starting to look so grown up. Love the mismatched socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos again Rebecca! Your spring decorations look beautiful and Lucas looks like a pro out on the basketball court. That is so sweet that Sophie always tries to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Spring!

    Lucas, you are getting so tall!

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete