Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mom, it looks like fall!

Lucas comes up with some of the cutest little things out of the blue.  We were on our way to school the other day and when we went out the front door he took a moment to look around and said.....Mom, it looks like fall!!?  And he was right, there was dew on the windshield and the wind had blown down lots of amber and scarlett and burnt orange and brown leaves off the trees in our front yard and down into the garden.  It smelled like fall, the air was different.  So I said to him, well yes, it is fall!  And he said with this look of wonder, it is?  I don't think he really thought about the fact that summer was over already and we were on our way to Thanksgiving and Halloween and pumpkin patches and apple orchards and all that good stuff.
I love fall, it is my favourite time of year.  I mean, I love something about all the seasons, but I wait for fall to arrive.  And this year it arrived in such an awesome way, my little guy discovering it right there in front of him, with me.

 Outside our front door....


I can't wait to get some fall photos of Lucas and Sophie.  Today is rainy so Lucas is playing battleship with daddy while I sit with Sophie as she sleeps away.  But tomorrow hopefully we will be out and about having some fun in that fall air.  Jason and I are both sick with bad colds so a rainy day at home is just what the Dr. ordered.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to experience the moment Lucas realized it was fall all on his own. The air is different...it wraps us in the coming warmth of family time...I really do love fall, too. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Beautiful leaves and beautiful moment with Lucas. I love it!

    ReplyDelete