Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanks For Giving

Lucas comes up with the best little sayings.  I think all parents have a few little phrases that their kids said at some point that just sticks with you because it was just so cute or funny or maybe inapropriate - aren't those the best ;)
When Lucas was about 15 months at his 2nd Thanksgiving, we were all at the dinner table at my mom and dad's and we said to Lucas "say Happy Thanksgiving!"  Well he said in the cutest little voice "thanks for giving!"   We all started laughing and it was just about the cutest thing I had ever heard.  Jump forward 6 years and I still remember it like it was just yesterday that he uttered those words. 




We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Jason's mom's house and we all pigged out and loved being around 3 beautiful little one's.  Our nephew Ben had his first Thanksgiving this weekend and he just had a ball being there watching everyone, as did Sophie. 



I love this picture.  Sophie adores Lucas and it just shines through in this picture.  She was eating up being able to sit beside him like this.  Lucas is now the big kid, just like my Godson Zach used to be with Lucas sitting on his lap.

My mom and dad have been away for three weeks in Europe and they made it back just in time for this weekend.  We all went to Springbank yesterday and we tried to get some pictures of us with all the trees by the river.
 I totally lucked out with this picture because the one below is what I ususally get.

But what can you do, that is Lucas.  Or Lucasfer as we like to call this version of him ;)



Lucas learned that geese aren't always cute and friendly..



Big cousins are so cool
 My sister took one for the team and had the brutal task of holding Sophie up on the tree.  Sophie loved it.


Last night we decided to make some Thanksgiving cupcakes for today's dinner.  Lucas was all for it and I asked him if he thought Sophie might like to join us.  He told me that Sophie had to help, because she adds the magic.  Wow.  Can't get much better than that.
 And he was right.  Magic.



Sophie loved it and it was so much fun.  Lucas ditched us for football part way through but he came back to make the icing and add the sprinkles.  I think we did pretty well, and I noticed this morning that a few were missing, wonder how that happened?




And this is what it is all about.  That is the best turkey! Ever.

We are hosting my side of the family in our new house today.  Can't wait.
Happy Thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for this year. 



6 comments:

  1. Lucas sounds like a real sweetheart! His writing is fabulous. I think he's around my dd's age (6.5) because they were in the same Gymnastics class a few years ago at the Little Gym. Small world! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful children. They are so special and it is clear how much Sophie loves Lucas and he obviously adores her just as much.

    Happy Thanksgiving
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! I just love you guys! Again, beautiful photos, just like our niece and nephew. It was so wonderful to see you all, and enjoy your company. Lucas's letter is the best! I love your blog!

    Happy Thanksgiving from Christine Yves & Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucas is amazing!! What a kid! I even love his Lucasafer face, that one made me LOL! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Sophie looks like she is having a really great time and doing well! :) Lucas sure is a little sweety!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The comment Lucas made about Sophie adding the magic brought tears to my eyes. I hope that someday Sadie has a brother or sister who loves her as much as Lucas loves Sophie.

    ReplyDelete