Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year Inspiration

January has come, once again, out of the blue.  Wasn't it September just a few weeks ago?  How does the time go so quickly?  Christmas holidays are over before they began! 

New years day is a day of recuperation for our family.  The dizzying speed of Chistmas all comes to a halt on new years day and we just cocoon for a couple of days before life starts up again.

We had a really nice new years eve party with a group of good friends this year and Lucas stayed up with his buddies until midnight (and beyond).  He was so exhausted today and yesterday, but I am hoping he will be caught up for school tomorrow without any major issues.

I have never really done new year's resolutions but my hope for this year is to do more.  Plain and simple, more of everything.  More play therapy and attempts at augmentative communication  for Sophie and  more scrapbooking, sewing, photography and creative thinking for me.  Lucas is an information sponge and I want to encourage that everyday.

I have felt like I have been in a bit of a rut, out of tiredness and laziness, for a while now.  I hope that this new year can get me going to start working on and finishing projects.

I finally hung pictures in our new house.  It is amazing how having a few pictures on the wall can make a house feel like a home.  I also put up new drapes in my bedroom, it felt so good to put the cardboard pieces that were my window coverings for the last 6 months to the curb.  I feel inspired to keep going and I am excited to find out where that inspiration takes me.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment