Monday, February 21, 2011

Another holiday, another seizure

What is it with my girl and holidays.  It is rare for my Miss Sophie to let a holiday go by without a seizure.  She must have a calendar hidden under her bed or something and she knew it was Family Day today.

This morning Sophie was sleeping in a bit late, but she had been up late so I wasn't too surprised.  When she woke she started having a seizure.  It wasn't any kind of seizure that I have seen her have before though, this one was quite different.  I think it started as a simple partial and morphed into a tonic-clonic.  I thought it stopped after about six minutes, so we put the rescue meds away that we had drawn up and I picked her up out of bed to give her some cuddles.  She had been awake and aware through the whole seizure so I knew she might be a little scared.  We cuddled for about fifteen minutes and I took her back to her room to change her.  When I laid her down it looked like she was seizing again, so I watched her for a while and it became obvious she was, we got the meds out again and gave them to her.  The seizure stopped by the time I had given her all the med and she was pretty dopey.  She fell asleep a short time after for almost an hour and a half.

She was not herself for the rest of the day, she was pale and clingy and had almost blue lips for a while.  I was afraid that we were going to have to take her to the ER to get her O2 sats checked, I just hope she didn't aspirate.  But she did perk up by the late afternoon when my sister came for a visit with my niece.

So we didn't really do much of anything for family day but with all the snow we got last night I didn't really mind not having to drive around and be out in the cold.

Sophie's room...


This weekend I did have a chance to put up some decorations in Sophie's room.  I have had some wall decals for a couple years that a relative gave her for Christmas, so I thought it was about time I put them up.  Sophie loves them, she has been looking at them each time she is in her bed.  She even seems to be looking at the bee when prompted!


Sophie's room has really come together, it is looking more and more like I envisioned it could when we turned her room into a bedroom during the renovation.  Some items from her old room are here and there are some new things too.

My sister made this cute plaque for Sophie when she was born.



This was my dad's when he was a little boy, we reframed it for Sophie's room.  I think it was made by Sophie's great-great grandmother, but don't quote me on that lol.



One of my favourite things in the house is Sophie's chandelier.  It makes the best shadows on her walls and ceiling and it is just perfect.  She loves it when I spin it slowly and it sparkles around her room.




I have a large butterfly mirror to hang in her room and then it will be complete.  A pretty room for a pretty girl :)

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your family day. :( I hope Sophie is feeling better now.
    Her room is gorgeous- I love the plaque and the pretty curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that Sophie had another seizure. It sure sounds scary from what you described (your other site I think). Her room looks great! She is one lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! That was not what I wanted to read. :( I hope she's doing better now. Tell her St. Patrick's Day doesn't count as a real Holiday and maybe skip Easter ;) Oh, that sweet girl has been through enough.
    Her room looks fabulous. I love that chandelier. I never would've thought of something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sophie's name plaque. A nice girly room for your little girl. I hope she is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie and her room are truly lovely. I especially love the chandelier. I hope sweet Sophie is done with seizures! We hate seizures :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Sophie is feeling better now. That must have been scary. :(

    Her room looks gorgeous. I love the framed picture.

    ReplyDelete