Monday, February 28, 2011

Party time :)

Sophie has held her own and has not had another seizure this week, so we were very happy to go to my neice's 3rd birthday party yesterday!

Zoe was very excited for her party and was all ready to greet us at the door in her Tinkerbell outfit for her Tinkerbell party.  :)


One of the drawbacks of Sophie's special needs is that I don't get to dress her up as much as I would like to.  I go for comfort for her as the main priority.  If I can keep her comfy in cute clothes then great, but I don't put her in jeans because they are tight and I don't put her in dresses because it is really difficult to feed her with her tube feedings and to keep the dress on properly while she is in her wheelchair.  I decided to go all out for Zoe's party and got Lucas and Sophie dressed up.  Sophie didn't have any tights that went with the dress so we just used some white socks.  She was cold anyway so we wrapped her up in a nice fuzzy blanket once we took some pictures.


Everyone had on their best cheesy smiles and then we were good to go.  I had barely taken the picture when Lucas ran one way and Zoe ran the other!  Luckily Sophie was happy to pose!


This was what Lucas was willing to give me for a photo later that afternoon...


Lucas was in charge of spraying the silly string.  He had it aimed the wrong way the first shot and managed to get most of the adults on the one side of the room.  It was pretty funny because no one expected it.  He got Zoe the second try though, he made sure of it.  She thought it was pretty fun.


Sophie gave Zoe's new Tinkerbell sunglasses a try, she thought she was pretty cool.

It was a fun afternoon and Zoe loved her special party.  Happy Birthday Zoe!!!

Today Sophie was a little groggy.  She had two pretty bad choking spells which were a bit unnerving but she seems fine tonight.  We played quite a bit while the boys were out at basketball and she was doing some really nice reaching with her hands.  She has always liked the shiny pompoms and she was happy to see them tonight.  We have also been looking at photos of our family I printed out today, she loved them, Sophie really loves looking at photos of familiar faces.
Don't mind her pj's, like I said we go for comfort ;)



Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe how much your niece looks like your kids! Glad she had a good party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura, I looked at the picture first and knew right away she was related to you guys! LOVE Sophie's gorgeous dress. Glad the seizures have stayed away. Hope she keeps feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear things are going well for Sophie! She looks great (even groggy;)). It looks like the kids had a great time at the party. I hope everyone continues to do well!

    ReplyDelete