Sunday, March 20, 2011

Reach for the stars

Did anyone else notice the moon last night?  It was as full as it gets and the sky was in perfect form for it to look a little spooky, but mostly just very cool.




This was the best up close shot I could get without climbing out the window onto the roof lol.  So there are a few tree branches but I love the shot anyway :)


The boys went on an adventure through the neighbourhood with the dog this morning and Sophie and I stayed behind and played.  She wanted to go straight out the front door as soon as she was on her pony walker.   It was still pretty brisk this morning so we looked out the large front window instead.  She stayed there quite a long time, until they came home in fact, waiting for them to return.




Sophie looks so grown up in these pictures, so contemplative and so beautiful all in the same moment. 

It was CP awareness day today and  I have struggled over what to write.  How do I let the world know what an incredible journey she has been on since the day she entered our world.  How do I show that she is more than her diagnosis.  That kids with CP are just that, kids.  Then I realized that Sophie already does that, every day.  Everyone that meets her knows what a fighter she is, what a fiesty, smart, funny, full of attitude girl she is. That she works harder to do anything than anyone I know.  That she has huge mountains to overcome some days, but she does it without a complaint and even better, with a smile.  Oh that smile, it sucks you in and wraps your heart and it is the reason that everyone that knows her, loves her. 

I realized that in our house every day is CP awareness day.  I think that Sophie has shown so many people not to take anything in life for granted, but also that anything is possible.  Sophie, keep reaching for the stars, that big beautiful moon will guide you.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this, geez she is such a gorgeous Girl!!!! Her and Hannah are angels...I have to admit too yea blah blah its hard etc.....but I wouldnt trade the experience for anything its been a blast and we are so blessed to be given these gorgeous girls!

    ReplyDelete