Thursday, March 17, 2011

Going Green

Today is St.Patrick's day and we did some little green things here and there for Lucas and Sophie to enjoy but we didn't go over the top.  Lucas and Sophie both wore green today and Jason bought some cute little cupcakes that were devoured by all of us after dinner.  I also set the table with everything green I could find :)



Sophie had a busy day at daycare today and shortly after dinner she was out.  She fell asleep sitting up in her chair.  That is pretty unusual for her but she is still getting over her cold and she doesn't have as much energy as she normally would.  I woke her after about 15 minutes though because she is not sleeping well at night again so I don't want to encourage napping before bedtime!  She has been up until about 1:30am each night this last week and then she is exhausted in the morning and wants to sleep in.   It is a vicious cycle that we had just broken a few months ago after working on it for a couple months after she started an additional heavy duty seizure med.  I am hoping she will get back to a routine soon, daylight savings time didn't help.


The real reason for going green this month for our family (even though I am part Irish!) is because it is Cerebral Palsy Awareness month (and CP awareness day is March 20th).  So get your green on!  Support someone you know (like my Miss Sophie!) and help educate, spread some hope, awareness and join the fight to find a cure.


More to come....

1 comment:

  1. Sophie looks tuckered out and like she had a great day. I did not know it was CP awareness month. Did you know later this month (20 something) is epilepsy awareness day where they suggest you wear purple in support? I hope she is over her cold soon and sleeping better.

    ReplyDelete