Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Light up my life

Sophie received some wonderful gifts from family and friends this Christmas.  She is not an easy girl to buy gifts for and I could tell that everyone put alot of thought into what they gave her.

A few of the presents she received are light up toys and musical toys that respond to touch.  She even received Christmas cards that sing to you and have moving parts.  She thought they were great.

While we were in England we happened to go by a shop that had a whole bunch of electronic gadgets in the window, the shop was right around the corner from our hotel so we stopped in one night to check it out.  I found a light that responds to sound, it is almost identical to the Hydrasphere, which I had in my sights for a long time to get for Sophie.  We have been having alot of fun making it dance to our voices as we sing for Sophie.  Tonight we encouraged Sophie to sing and she did make a noise, it was very cute.

I had the toy on auto with each globe lit for these pictures so I didn't have to sing non-stop for the photo.  :)




I hope that Sophie will start to figure out that if she makes a noise or even bangs it a little that it will light up for her.

She was also given two other light up toys by family that are really unique.  Lucas also thinks they are awesome and was happy to help me with the photos as long as he got to spell his name in lights.  So I fell for his conditions,  but Sophie loved watching him move the lights all over the room.

This one is actually a double ended fan which makes it even more perfect because Sophie likes the feeling of the wind as well.


 

 This light up wand is really cute.  It has a whole little village inside, very much like a snowglobe, but with foam instead.  It plays music, spins and lights up.  The trifecta of CVI love.




These photos are awful but they show how much Sophie enjoyed watching the show...

4 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty unique and cool looking light toys for Sophie. I bet she'll have hours of fun with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these toys!!!! It's fantastic that everyone puts so much though into gifts for Sophie. We'll have to get together soon for a play date so that the girls can try out each other's new toys! :o)
    (I might also want to pick your brain about a few things!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the light toys! Elise would really like those. They are so vibrant and interesting, especially to our special kiddos. I also love her brother getting in on the action!!!

    ReplyDelete