Friday, January 4, 2013

Sewing some cozy

I was searching on Etsy for some new cloth diaper wipes for Sophie over the holidays and realized that it would be much cheaper and more fun if I made some myself.  We seem to have lost half of her cloth wipes so we are getting to the point where I am having to wash them everyday so that we have enough. 

So I pulled out the sewing machine and went to town...


I have many more squares cut and ready to sew for the weekend.  I made them all double thickness with a different pattern on each side.  Because Sophie is getting bigger I also made them much larger than the baby washcloths you typically find.


Tonight I sewed a bigger project and made her a full size winter flannel/fleece blanket, about 6 ft. long.  I love the reindeer print and the blue and green together looks really sharp.  I have a feeling Lucas might be wanting one too when he sees it. :)
The blanket is super soft and cozy and I can't wait for her to snuggle under it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! You rock1 I bought a serger with the intentions of making cloth wipes for my youngest, but I never even took it out of the box. Well, I think my husband did, but I couldn't get past the whole complicated threading issue. Ha.

    ReplyDelete