Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New year, new adventures

Happy new year!

We have had a wonderful couple of weeks off, the time has flown by.  Last night we rang in the new year with friends, the kids all stayed up late and had so much fun.

For Christmas my mom made this Christmas activity bar for Sophie.  It was a definite hit!  There is a little musical bell that plays Christmas songs, the bells are nice and big for Sophie to hit and jingle and there is a Santa Claus for her to see.  She loves it (as does Zoe my niece!).

 
 
Sophie and I spent a couple mornings baking shortbread cookies this week.  She loves to dump and stir the ingredients and had a ball pressing the cookie dough.  I hope to have many more baking mornings this winter with Sophie and Lucas.
 


 
I have so many crafty ideas floating around in my head, I can only hope that I get a chance to put some of them into action.  It doesn't always work out that way but it is fun planning it all out nonetheless.  Many times the reward is in the journey, not the destination.
 
I have started a sewing project I am excited about, it is just little but I am so happy to have the sewing machine out again, it has been a long time!  Of course I am having fun using my new camera as well, I am still learning all it's intracacies, but I have loved the results of the photos I have taken so far.
 


So much to do, so little time.  Who knows where this new year will take us.

1 comment:

  1. What super pictures Rebecca - that new camera is fantastic (must be the operator). I love all the smiles.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete