Friday, December 6, 2013

The Christmas tree

I am so happy that our tree is all decorated and ready for Christmas morning!  This tree is so tall that Lucas and Jason had a difficult time getting the star placed on top, it actually took about 6 tries!  Our tree is filled with ornaments that we have collected over many years and I think it looks beautiful.


 
Our tradition for as long as I can remember is that Lucas places the star on the top of the tree each year when it is all decorated.  My dad used to be the tree topper-offer when I was young and I love that Lucas is following in his footsteps and loves putting the star on to finish the decoration.
 
 
Sophie is always happy to be part of the festivities and we have been singing a lot of Jingle Bells which seems to be a new favourite of hers.  She has been doing a ton of winter/Christmas crafts with her nurses over the last little while and I have some ideas for the coming weeks as well.

We had a couple feet of snow which put us all in the mood for Christmas but most of it has melted now.  I am sure it will be back in plenty of time for Christmas Eve.


2 comments: