Friday, November 26, 2010

The Photo Shoot

I have always had photos of Lucas and Sophie taken at the grocery store photo studio for seasonal pictures.  They always come out pretty darn good, but it has always been difficult to get great photos of Sophie.  It is a very overwhelming experience for her and she has trouble focusing on the photographer.  Lucas is always a trooper and gives his best smiles and will even try to hold her up on his lap for a few shots.

This year I decided to try something different.  We went to an actual photographer - Amanda Kopcic Photography -  and had Sophie's Christmas photos taken.  She was a star and smiled right from the beginning.  The photographer Amanda was so nice, she worked really hard with us to get everything all set.  My mom came to help and we were quite the threesome doing itsy bitsy spider to get Sophie smiling.  We got a few great shots of Sophie by herself as well as some with me.   I am so excited to hang them on the wall this Christmas.  I already have one framed sitting on my kitchen counter :)





We will still go to the grocery store photo studio with Lucas and Sophie together but now I don't have this pressure hanging over me to get a great shot of her by herself.  We can just have fun.

I had to add a photo of Lucas of course, so here is one of my all-time favourites, taken 7 years ago...


3 comments:

  1. Those are great photos of Sophie! I love her smile, I'm glad you were able to get some of her alone. Lucas' baby photo is quite adorable too. :) We still need to try to get some good ones of E sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great shots! I love the last one of Sophie (and the baby pic of Lucas).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome shots!! Such great pictures of Sophie, I love her big smile!

    ReplyDelete