Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ready for winter, kind of.

This year we seem a little more ready for winter.  Sophie has been much healthier for longer than ever before, she is still having seizures, but no hospital stays and no nasty virus or infections yet.  I am sure they will come, but the reprieve has been nice.  We woke up to the first snow this morning and Lucas was excited to see it on all the rooftops.

The view out my front door window this morning...it would be kind of pretty if not for the light standard ;)


I have most of the Christmas decorations up inside and I found a few new decorations for the outside (I love unexpected dollar store finds, don't you?!)  that I put up yesterday.  I want to put some lights outside and some garland so hopefully that will happen before I have to do it standing in 2 feet of snow (like I have done so many times before).


There is something fun about decorating a new home for Christmas for the first time.  Trying to figure out what goes where, what looks right and what needs to stay in the bin.

This guy was another fun dollar store find..


However, I have a few plants that need planting and now the ground is frozen.  It seemed so plausible that I would get it done a couple days ago.  So, garden preparedness = FAIL.  I am not sure if this hydrangea, a few hostas and a euonymus are going to make it.  I guess we will find out in May.


I almost have my act together this year and winter is still a few weeks away. Yay me ;)

2 comments:

  1. I hear you about the planting. I have about 30 tulip bulbs I never got around to planting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those stars!! What scores. I never seem to find anything good at the dollar store. Maybe I just don't have the eye - it all looks cheap until someone like you brings it home and uses it and suddenly it looks Pier1! I'm jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete