Sunday, December 5, 2010

We're Just Looking

Lucas and Jason got their flu shots on Thursday night, by Saturday Lucas' arm was so swollen, red and hot I was getting a bit worried.  It had become progressively worse and I wasn't sure if it was just a reaction or if it was infected.  Sophie and I had ours done a while back with no issues luckily.  Lucas' arm seems less swollen today so hopefully it is on the mend.  He has had a rough week, Sunday night he was up with a stomach bug and he stayed home from school Monday.  He was so pale and weak and he needed a days recovery at home.  So we watched some Christmas movies, did a puzzle and just chilled.  I made Lucas a special bed on the couch (whenever Lucas is sick I put his pillows and blankets on the couch and get him all bundled up, we have always called it a "special bed" since he was a little guy) and just let him doze.

The mutant arm....


Today we had planned to go to a "Breakfast with Santa" with my sister and niece, but the snowstorm was so bad out on the highway that we turned around.   So we headed to the mall and got our pictures with Santa there.  Santa was great and tried his hardest to hold Sophie up, but I fear this might have been the last year that we will be able to have her sit on Santa's lap.  We may have to leave her in her chair for the picture next year, time will tell.

Circus mirrors at Santa's workshop.  Odd but fun.


Our crazy crew...



Do your kids know the concept of just looking?  Or is it torture for them, basically verging on neglect if they don't get to buy something.  Lucas would make you think that was so.  Because "looking for Christmas ideas" should be good right?  You know you are getting presents soon and you can point out your faves.  Sounded good in theory when I was making the plans for the day.  Hmph.

Lucas could not stop talking about this West 49 t-shirt.  He saw it at our last visit to the mall and he was lovestruck.  Ok, that might be a bit dramatic, but man he wanted that shirt.  He talked about it non-stop.  Have I mentioned Lucas is a boy fashionista?  He is super picky about what he wears and has a definite sense of style all his own.   He wore me down and he got a treat even though we were "just looking" for Christmas ideas today.

He loves this shirt and is so excited that he has something dressy to wear without having to get dressed up.  Yes, he said that. Buwahahahaha! 



Thank goodness I have my sweet Miss Sophie to dress up. 

We have another very busy week coming up. I still have no Christmas shopping done and it will be a while till I am able to get it started.  I have a feeling the time is going to fly.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO!!! I can't stop laughing at Lucas and the shirt! That look on his face is killer - like he's so torn between wanting pictures of his rocking shirt and realizing that part of the cool-factor would probably be not letting your mom take a picture of it. Oh, that's so awesome. How old is he now? 17??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm so with you...this holiday is creeping up way too fast! I hope you get out for your shopping soon. Is his arm all better now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was laughing at the 'your kids all have different hair colour' comment and trying to explain to Jeff why Lucas makes me laugh so much and I had to show him the post where he's playing dead in the leaves and this one with the shirt. I am still laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. 'Something dressy to wear without getting dressed up...' Oh, man! I swear he and Jeff would be kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete