Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Merry Christmas

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  Ours was very busy as always but everyone was healthy, which was a first for us in quite a few years, so we were very thankful for that.  We visited with family, ate lots of tasty treats and came home tired Christmas Eve, carrying sleeping children from the car into their warm comfy beds. 

Lucas was devastated that we couldn't find our Christmas stockings all month, they seemed to be lost from our move.  There were many tears, but somehow the stars and moon aligned and I happened upon them in the basement in a random box when looking for something else.  I was back in the good books.  Phew!

Lucas and Sophie both love Christmas crackers.  It wouldn't be Christmas without them!


Lucas with Santa on Christmas Eve.  Sophie was pretty wiped out by the time he arrived but she was entranced when he came through the door.  Lucas had found a green candy cane so looked a little off. lol




Santa brought Sophie some movies with her beloved Wiggles. She was so happy, she probably wanted nothing more.



Santa didn't forget Riley for his first Christmas as a part of our family.  He got a warm fleece with wiener dogs (of course!) and cats all over it.  He snuggled up in it in 0.2 seconds.


Lucas bought me a gift this year (with the assistance of his Oma) and he was giddy with excitement for me to open it.  I mean he was standing in front of me with his hands clasped jumping up and down on his toes.  He was so proud to give it to me and I could just feel his happiness and love.  It was a locket in the shape of a heart with "mom" inscribed on it.  It was one of the moments that made Christmas for me this year,  Sophie was also healthy so I needed nothing more.


Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you had such a great Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that you guys had a good Christmas and that everyone was healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet of Lucas!! SO glad Sophie made it through without any problems, that's such a blessing. I was thinking about her.
    I can't believe Santa comes to your house when they're awake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Carrying your sleeping childen from the car is a good sign that you had a fun time. Cheers for a healthy and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely Christmas! I'm so glad Sophie to hear Sophie has been healthy. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete