Monday, December 6, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Today we woke up to a lot of snow.  Much more than I was anticipating, I didn't even know we were supposed to have a big storm!  So when I woke to the sound of Jason shoveling the driveway for the night nurse I knew that it must be pretty deep.  And it just kept snowing and snowing and snowing, it is still snowing.  We had almost nothing a day ago.  I never did get the Christmas lights up, not a huge surprise.

The snow kept creeping higher and higher up all the window sills.




 
Lucas was very happy that he was having his first "snow day" ever.  He had some computer time and did some drawings, he drew the shirt he bought and a few new ones, then put them all on skateboards.  Dude ;) 

When Jason got home from work they went toboganning with a friend from school.  They were gone a long time and came back exhausted, soaked and rosy cheeked.

Trekking through the back yard was an adventure in itself.



Sophie and I played pretty hard this morning and she had a 3 hour nap late in the afternoon.

Peek-a-boo never gets old  :)



It was fun watching the snow get deeper and deeper.  It just never stopped.  Riley seemed a little tormented.  He wanted to go outside to play so badly, but the snow was literally impassable for him.  I couldn't go out and shovel because I couldn't get Sophie's wheelchair outside.  So he sat and watched the snowy day from the front window with his nose pressed up against the sill.  So pathetic yet so darn adorable.





I'm kind of hoping for a snow day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment