Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Santa photo

I have been on a bit of a hiatus here and now it is so close to Christmas I feel like time has moved on without me!  Jason and I went away last week for a vacation and I am still in catch up mode.  Sophie is doing great.  She is happy and healthy and full of smiles.  She is loving being back in the land of the living, having fun at daycare with her friends and teachers and getting out and about.  Lucas has been tired out this week and I think that he is ready for a holiday.


Every year since Lucas was born I have had pictures of him with Santa and when Sophie joined our family that tradition continued.  Tonight we headed out to the mall to meet up with Santa for this years photo.  We endured a melt down in the car by Lucas because we were dragging him out when he wanted to be at home, but got there and he settled pretty quickly as we arrived to see Santa.  Santa was wonderful.
Sophie is loving Santa this year. We just have to mention his name and she smiles from ear to ear. She totally gets it and it makes my heart race, she knows who Santa is and she is starstruck by him.


This picture from tonight is one of my all time favourites.  Sophie is in Santa heaven and Lucas is giving his best smile because he knows it makes me happy, my sweet boy! 

I am so excited for Christmas, hopefully we will not have any detours to the hospital this year.  Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. Great Santa pic!
    We do ours every year at the Cheeky Monkey. They have a photographer volunteer and the proceeds go to charity. It was only $15 for 3 pics. They have a day every year at both locations. I thought I'd let you know because not everyone seems to know about it.
    Have an awesome Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such wonderful news that Sophie is doing so well. I'm so happy to hear it. What a beautiful picture with Santa! So glad everything is going well. I hope you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete