Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Princess for a day

On the morning of April 1st Lucas got me good. 

I walked up the stairs to go to the office and at the landing came to this...


I was all what the hell,.... Lucas what have you done!  Then I hear a April fool's!
Lucas was giddy with excitement that he got me!  He had made this at school, remembered to get it out of his backpack, hid it in his room and had it set up in the morning waiting for me. 
Sneaky little devil!  I was so proud of him lol!

This weekend we had a big event, Sophie had her first birthday party with friends.  She invited some of her friends from daycare, her cousin Zoe and her friend Julie to her princess party.  We had originally planned to have a "princess" come to the party as well, but unfortunately she called in sick about 3 hours before the party.  I was really sad that that wasn't going to happen but we made the best of it.  Then Sophie had a big seizure about 10 minutes after that.  I had to give her rescue meds to stop it, which it did at about 8 minutes in.  Not a great way to start the morning of your first big birthday bash.

But then the anticipation built and her friends started to arrive and all was ok.


We did crafts (of course!) which all the girls loved.  They had a little easel and canvas to decorate how ever they wanted.  It was a definite hit.  I wanted to make sure we did things that Sophie and Julie would enjoy as well as all the other friends at the party.  Then we did the princess stuff.  My mom, my friend Cheri and I ended up doing all the nails and it was a little hectic but we did fine.  Sophie caused my mom some trauma by continuously making a fist while having her nails done because she was getting so excited.



Then we had cake and opened presents.  One of my favourite moments of the afternoon was when all the girls were begging to be the ones beside the birthday girl for singing happy birthday and blowing out the candles.  It was so sweet and I was happy for my girl, surrounded by friends and being the centre of attention in a good way.

Sophie received some awesome presents, you could tell that her friends and their parents really thought about what Sophie would like and be able to enjoy.  It was awesome.  Each friend helped Sophie unwrap the present they brought for her and it was so cute to see the interaction between Sophie and each little girl.


We had two girls hold Sophie's hands (which Sophie loved!) while the candles came close and all the girls helped blow out the candles.  Sophie, as always, loved the candles and the singing.  It was really special.


Sophie was exhausted after the party but hopefully she made lots of happy memories that will stay with her for a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day for Sophie! :) That is wonderful her friends were so good with her. I'm sorry to hear it had a rough start, but it sounds like the rest was a great success! That was pretty tricky of Lucas!

    ReplyDelete